Banana Bread Brownies with Brown Butter Frosting Recipe
Oh my goodness these Banana Bread Brownies look amazing! Especially tasty when served warm. 🙂 Share this with friends and tell me how you like them!Print
Banana Bread Brownies Recipe
Banana bread brownies with brown butter frosting recipe. How amazing is this? It looks easy and so tasty!
- 1–1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 2 eggs 1-3/4
- (3 or 4) ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
- Brown Butter Frosting: 1/2 c. butter 4 c. powdered sugar 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract 3 tbsp. milk
- Heat oven to 375F. Grease and flour 15×10-inch jelly roll pan. For the bars, in a large bowl, beat together sugar, sour cream, butter, and eggs until creamy. Blend in bananas and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and blend for 1 minute. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Let the butter turn a delicate brown and remove from heat immediately.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Whisk together until smooth (it should be thicker than a glaze but thinner than frosting). Using a spatula, spread the brown butter frosting over the warm bars (the frosting will be easier to spread while the bars are still warm).
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American