Carrot Cake is a favorite because of its delicious spices and oh-so moist yumminess. Now, imagine that in a portable cookie! Complete with melt-in-your-mouth cream cheese frosting, this is one the whole family will love!
- 1 C butter, softened
- 3/4 C sugar (healthy option: substitute 1/3 C agave and 1/2 C sugar, or try Stevia instead!)
- 3/4 C firmly packed brown sugar
- Two large eggs (healthy option: replace one egg with 1/4 C unsweetened applesauce)
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (healthy option: substitute all or some with Wheat flour)
- 1 t. baking soda
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 C carrots, grated (about 4 medium carrots)
- 1 C finely chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar in bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. You’ll need to scrape the sides of the bowl to mix all ingredients.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat again until well mixed.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add creamed ingredients from Steps 2 and 3. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Stir in carrots and pecans.
- Grease cookie sheets. Form a rounded tablespoon of dough for each cookie, spaced evenly 2″ – 3″ apart on the sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool completely and frost.
- 4 C powdered sugar
- ½ C butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ t vanilla
- Green and Orange food coloring (optional)
- Combine powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese and vanilla in bowl; beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy. If using food coloring, then reserve 1/2 C frosting and see step 3.
- Frost each cooled cookie with approx. 2 t. frosting.
- If using food coloring: divide the reserved frosting in half. Tint one half green and one half orange. Next, spoon each tinted frosting into its own resealable plastic food bags. Snip off a corner of each bag and decorate the tops of cookies. For example, you can make a carrot design on top of each cookie.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: vegetable, carrot, cookies, cake