Vanilla Crispies are light, crisp cookies full of flavor and sweetness! The thinner the better! They’re the perfect treat to leave out for Santa Claus!
- 1 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 C butter, soft
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. cream of tartar
- Preheat over to 350°F (177° Celsius).
- Cream sugar, egg, butter and vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Shape into 1-inch balls, place 2-inches apart on cookie sheet. Flatten with a glass or jar which has been dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until light brown on edges. Do not overcook!