- 2 large (or 4 medium) sweet potatoes, peels washed
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Pierce sweet potatoes a few times with a fork and place onto baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour, until sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork or sharp knife.
- Remove from oven and let sweet potatoes cool slightly.
- Slice open lengthwise and smush together from ends to force middle to open. Use a fork to mask the pulp.
- In a separate bowl, combine all other ingredients, except maple syrup.
- Add mixture to sweet potatoes and put back in oven for another 15 minutes
- Drizzle maple syrup on top, and serve warm.
Adapted from a recipe on Walnuts.org
- Prep Time: :10
- Cook Time: 1:15
- Category: Side dish
- Calories: 454
- Sodium: 231 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 67 mb
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
Keywords: sweet potatoes, maple syrup, side dish, sides,