This overnight oatmeal using steel cut oats is ridiculously good! It’s easy: just set it and let it cook while you sleep. When you wake up in the morning your whole house will smell scrumptious!
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 8 cups water
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sliced bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Coat Crockpot with nonstick cooking spray (e.g. Pam cooking spray)
- Add in all ingredients except bananas and walnut, stir
- Slow cook on LOW for 6-8 hours
- 10-15 minutes before serving, add bananas and walnuts and stir
- Add additional brown sugar and cinnamon if you’d like
Do NOT use instant or rolled oats (like traditional oatmeal). Use steel cut oats.