Dirt and Worms Creepy Halloween Recipe
Grab the kids to help you make this Dirt and Worms Creepy Halloween Recipe!
I’m really in to coming up with fun, and gross out factor foods for Halloween this year, I’ve been browsing around online and watching youtube videos with my little girl (who loves to cook).
Over the weekend we came across a really neat recipe for Dirt & Worms using Hot Dogs and Black Beans. Together, those didn’t really sound too appetizing, so I tweeked the directions a bit, and decided on something I knew would taste pretty good ..a Beany Weenies (beans and wieners) type of dish.
Let me tell you, it tastes really good, and the creepy foods factor is strong with this one!
Check out the recipe below, and give it a try. It’s really easy, and cost just a few dollars to make!
Like this? PIN IT or REPIN IT!Print
If you’re looking for a perfectly creepy, easy and cheap Halloween party dish, then try this Dirt and Worms Creepy Halloween Recipe! Shock full of ickiness, but tastes great!
- 1 package of Hot Dogs (you will need about 6)
- 1 can of Pork & Beans (or Baked Beans)
- BBQ Sauce of your choice (I LOVE Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- Lettuce or fresh leafy veggie for decoration
- Cut your Hot Dogs length wise into fourths – 4 slices per Hot Dog
- Put on a small pot of water to boil
- While you wait drain your Beans of as much juice as possible, and place in a bowl with the Brown Sugar
- Mix well, and set aside
- Place Hot Dog slices into your boiling water a handful at a time, and remove when they have started to curl – this should take about a minute
- Once you have finished your Hot Dogs set aside to cool
- Place your leafy veggie decoratively around your dish leaving the center empty
- Scoop your Beans onto the center of your dish, then place your Worms all over on top
- Serve & enjoy!
Serve your Dirt & Worms with a large spoon, or with some toothpicks so your guests can snack as they wish.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5