The Best Easy Hummus Recipe Ever!
This is a super quick and easy hummus recipe, that will save you a BUNCH over buying it at the store.
My family really enjoys healthy snacks that they don’t know are good for them, such as this yummy dip! It’s great for breakfast or as an appetizer. I hadn’t even considered making my own hummus until just recently when my cousin introduced me to her recipe.
It is SO easy. Just a few ingredients, chop in a food processor or blender, and within minutes you’ve got a healthy, inexpensive snack for you and your family. And really, how many things are there to make with chickpeas or garbanzo beans anyway! Plus, there are lots of choices for flavors to add also.
Compare prices and save! A 16 oz tub of hummus can cost $5 – $10 at the deli (my favorite is Trader Joe’s Hummus!) But why spend that much when you can MAKE this hummus for around $2 or less for 16 oz!!
Hummus is a Smart Carb! This hummus recipe is a perfect “Smart Carb” in the Nutrisystem daily meal plan.Print
This easy and fast hummus recipe will be your favorite! Hummus is a Smart Carb! This hummus recipe is a perfect “Smart Carb” in the Nutrisystem daily meal plan.
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2–4 tablespoons cold water, or more if needed to allow tahini to blend thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- juice of 1 lemon (aka 2–3 tablespoons)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- optional toppings: extra drizzle of olive oil, chopped fresh parsley, sprinkle of ground sumac or paprika, toasted pine nuts
- To food processor, add: tahini, cold water, olive oil, cumin, salt, garlic and lemon juice. Puree until smooth (3-4 minutes).
- Add chickpeas. Puree until smooth (3-4 minutes). Stop after 2 minutes and scrape sides of bowl to mis thoroughly. If too thick, add another tablespoon of water.
- Season with additional salt, cumin, and/or lemon juice if needed.
- Serve immediately, garnished with your desired toppings. Or transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.