This easy and fast hummus recipe will be your favorite! Hummus is a Smart Carb! This hummus recipe is a perfect “Smart Carb” in the Nutrisystem daily meal plan.
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2–4 tablespoons cold water, or more if needed to allow tahini to blend thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- juice of 1 lemon (aka 2–3 tablespoons)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- optional toppings: extra drizzle of olive oil, chopped fresh parsley, sprinkle of ground sumac or paprika, toasted pine nuts
- To food processor, add: tahini, cold water, olive oil, cumin, salt, garlic and lemon juice. Puree until smooth (3-4 minutes).
- Add chickpeas. Puree until smooth (3-4 minutes). Stop after 2 minutes and scrape sides of bowl to mis thoroughly. If too thick, add another tablespoon of water.
- Season with additional salt, cumin, and/or lemon juice if needed.
- Serve immediately, garnished with your desired toppings. Or transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.