Easy Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
I can’t wait to hear how you like my Chili Recipe! This fabulous slow cooker chili rivals any stovetop chili I’ve ever tried. And compared to canned chili – well, canned does not compare!
Like it? Repin it on Pinterest!
Crock-Pot Chili (Easy Slow Cooker Chili Recipe)
The long-simmering cooking method in the slow cooker gives the flavor lots of time to meld together. Over time, the chili will thicken and your house will smell amazing!
You can cook this overnight (if you can leave it alone!) or, it’s great to prepare everything and then start the Crock Pot in the morning and let it cook all day. Because, you’ll throw everything in the crock pot and it’s ready in a few hours. Of course, you can also start it in the morning, and it will be ready by dinnertime! speaking of time: this stuff gets better over time. So, you can make it up ahead of time if you’re planning to serve it at a party (think Super Bowl party!)
Best Comfort Foods
Nothing warms up a cold winter day quite like a hot bowl of chili with beans. It’s even great in the summertime! You can add heat to it with chopped jalepenos or hot sauce (like Tapatio or Tobasco). Or, skip the onions and peppers all together and make a milder version that even little ones will love. As with all my recipes, it’s really versatile. I almost never make it the same way twice!
And, did I mention it’s SUPER Yummy?!
This easy slow cooker chili is easy to make in the Crock Pot, and tastes great. It’s a hearty main dish, or serve over tortilla chips as an appetizer. It’s also a side dish in chili cheese fries, and more. Best of all it’s a favorite comfort food, anytime.
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Green onions, sliced
- Dollop of sour cream (optional)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add vegetables and saute until onions become translucent.
- Add garlic, chili powder and cumin, simmer for 1 minute.
- Add ground beef and salt, cook until browned.
- Put all in the slow cooker. Add all cans of tomatoes with sauce, paste and beans and stir.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low (or 6 hours on high).
- Salt to taste and serve topped with shredded cheese, green onions and sour cream.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American
Don’t miss all of our Favorite Crock-Pot Recipes.