This easy slow cooker chili is easy to make in the Crock Pot, and tastes great. It’s a hearty main dish, or serve over tortilla chips as an appetizer. It’s also a side dish in chili cheese fries, and more. Best of all it’s a favorite comfort food, anytime.
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Green onions, sliced
- Dollop of sour cream (optional)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add vegetables and saute until onions become translucent.
- Add garlic, chili powder and cumin, simmer for 1 minute.
- Add ground beef and salt, cook until browned.
- Put all in the slow cooker. Add all cans of tomatoes with sauce, paste and beans and stir.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low (or 6 hours on high).
- Salt to taste and serve topped with shredded cheese, green onions and sour cream.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American