Try these FAST and easy Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches! No batter to mix, add whatever cheese and meat you like. So tasty, your family will love them!
- 2 slices bread
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional: butter, cheese, meat
- Make a “well” or indent in the bread so that the egg has somewhere to sit and not run out over the sides. I used a large mason jar an indented two pieces of whole grain white bread. Careful not to push so hard you smush them together and they won’t come apart. You could do them separately if the bread is sticky. Mine worked fine doing them together.
- Next, spread about a teaspoon of butter on the bottom bread.
- Crack an egg open and carefully place in the well (indent) in one piece of bread. I used Large eggs, but you could use whatever you have I’m sure. Just be careful not to spill the egg out of the little pool you made in the bread.
- Here’s where you can get creative! I added cheese to some of my waffle breakfast sandwiches. You could use cheese slices, crumbles or even shredded cheese. Thinly sliced ham, or sausage or bacon would be good in here too. I’m not sure the waffle iron would cook the meat in this short time; you might want to cook it before adding to your waffle sandwich.
- Add salt and pepper, and set the bread with all the stuff on it on the waffle iron.
- Place the top slice of bread on it (flip it over so the indent is spaced to give room to the egg mixture)
- Close the waffle iron gently, and let it cook for about 15 seconds. If your waffle iron is one that you flip over like mine, you can flip it over.
- Cook for another minute for a lightly cooked egg sandwich, two minutes for medium, and three minutes for well cooked with slightly crunchy, toasted bread. Waffle irons may vary, so play it by ear.
- Cut into sections and serve
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American