Start by mixing up a batch of sugar cookies (recipe below). Or, buy premixed cookie dough in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. Roll them out into a thin line, and shape into fingers. Apply an almond shard fingernail and bake as directed. Brush with cocoa powder or cinnamon to give the appearance of being dirty!
- Be sure to check out the original Pinned recipe here.
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.