Fun Lollipop Cookies Recipe (Sugar Cookies)
This past weekend my little girl was away staying the night with my sister. I decided I was going to surprise her with
some cute treats when she got home the next day. I went online searching for something colorful, and easy to make and I came across this adorable recipe for Lollipop Cookies. We have made decorated cookies on a stick before, but never have I tried to make them look like big lollipops.
After looking through the cabinets, and fridge I found I had everything I needed, so I decided to give them a try.
The entire process of making the cookies, then wrapping and tying them off took some time. That’s optional, so you can skip that if you’re just going to eat them!
Colorful & Fun
They are perfect for parties, and special holidays. You might even display them sticking out of a colorful vase like a big bouquet.
Of course, the colors will make them perfect for any occasion! For example, choose red and white for Valentine’s day. Or, red and green for Christmas! Orange and green would be perfect for Halloween. You get the idea!
Check out the recipe below, and give it a try!Print
This twist (literally!) on the traditional sugar cookie is fun to make and tastes great! While the recipe itself is a simple sugar cookie, the assembly is what’s special about this one.
- 2 ¾ C all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. baking powder
- 1 C butter, softened
- 1 ½ C white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- Lollipop sticks (I used skewers, cut in half)
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Separate dough into two halves (if you’re doing two colors). Mix one half with orange and one half with green (or whichever colors you’re using).
- Scoop a rounded teaspoonful of each color dough and form a “snake” (thick pencil shape). Set the two “snakes” next to each other, and form into a lollipop (shown). Place onto un-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let stand on cookie sheet for two minutes before removing with pancake turner (spatula) to cool on wire racks. Insert a lollipop stick in each before it cools.
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert