Fun-Size Chocolate Chunk Pan Cookies Recipe (Leftover Halloween Candy)
My daughter and I had a blast baking cookies “from scratch” tonight. I used to bake all the time, when I was a kid. I have fond memories of hanging out at my grandmas’ and great-grandmas’ houses when they were creating something masterful in the kitchen. All of them were amazing cooks. This is the time of year to bake, after all, the Holidays are right around the corner. (I can’t believe Thanksgiving is two weeks away!) So, I had this brainstorm tonight. We should make cookies! Since we didn’t have chocolate chips on hand, I thought… We should use the leftover Halloween candy we didn’t pass out, to make cookies!
I have always been a HUGE fan of the Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip cookie recipe. I’m old enough to remember when they first came out with Tollhouse PAN cookies, and what a fantastic treat they were when I was a kid.
Basically, we used the same recipe but substituted Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chips for chopped up fun-size Three Musketeers candy bars. They didn’t stay in tact like a chocolate chip would, so there’s no defined chips in the cookies.
Mr. Gimmie says they are “scrumptious.” (He ate three!) He didn’t actually notice there were no chocolate chips. He noticed the chocolate taste, which was sort of marbled throughout rather than concentrated in one place. They are really good!
My little girl said they are “yummalicious” (I’m guessing at the spelling of that!) We had a great time baking together this evening. Wholesome family fun. 🙂Print
Put your leftover Halloween candy to good use! Enjoy the same classic taste of the original NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip cookies with these chocolate chip pan cookies. Just bake, cool, slice and serve!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Use 2 cups of Halloween candy, broken into small pieces, substituting for 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.