Make this delicious meatloaf recipe come alive by shaping it into a foot! Your whole family will love this Halloween FeetLoaf!
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ cup finely chopped onion
½ cup finely chopped celery
¼ cup finely chopped green pepper
1 cup Heinz Tomato Ketchup
1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
1 cup soft, fresh breadcrumbs
1 large egg, slightly beaten
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Heat oil in a skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook onion, celery and pepper until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in ketchup. Remove pan from heat and divide sauce mixture in half.
2. Combine one half of the sauce with ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Mix gently. Pat mixture into a lightly greased 9-x 5-in (2 L) loaf pan. Adorn with onions cut to form “toenails” and ankle bones. Bake for 1 hour or until an instant read thermometer reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
3. Rest for 5 minutes. Reheat the reserved sauce mixture. Slice meat loaf and serve with sauce.
- 1 c thick ketchup (heinz)
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Mix all piquant red sauce ingredients together.
- Before putting meatloaf into oven, top with red sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dinner
Keywords: meatloaf, feet loaf, halloween, party food, meat, hamburger, ground beef