Halloween Monster Mouth Treat
I’ve been looking for some really cool and fun HEALTHY treats for my kiddos this Halloween. Since my kiddos are still pretty young (one being almost 2 years old and another being 3 years old) I’ve been trying to get them to eat their fruits and veggies and overall getting them to enjoy some healthy snacks rather than sugary junk food snacks.
Halloween, of course, is all about the sweet treats and the piles of candy we get trick or treating. So to balance all the sugary goodness they will get on Halloween, I decided to try and find some healthy and really fun Halloween snacks they can also indulge in and I won’t feel bad giving these treats to them.
I found this REALLY cute snack idea using only 3 simple ingredients and it’s a snack my kids really enjoyed and got a kick out of!
If you’re looking for a healthy, entertaining, simple snack idea for your kids this Halloween, then check out the recipe below and try it out!Print
You can use any type of apple you wish. You can also make as many of these mouths as you wish. These are perfect as a cute snack for a Halloween party!
- Red or Green Apples (you can use any type you’d like and any amount you’d like)
- Peanut Butter (I used about a tablespoon on each apple slice)
- Mini Marshmallows (about 4-5 mini marshmallows per mouth)
- Wash and cut your apples into slices. I used 1 apple and got about 4 mouths, so you can use as many apples as you would like. I used an apple slicer which worked great!
- Take about a tablespoon (or more or less on your preference) of peanut butter and spread on two apple slices.
- Position your apple slices so that the color (lips) are facing out.
- Place 4-5 mini marshmallows on one of the apple slices on top of the peanut butter.
- Take the other peanut butter covered apple slice and place it peanut butter side down on stop of the apple slice with the marshmallows. The peanut butter will stick to the other peanut buttered apple slice and you will then have your Monster Mouth!
- Serve and watch your child’s reaction!