Mice Krispy Treats
My little girl, and I decided to come up with a fun post Halloween recipe to creep everyone out, We had a box of of Cocoa Pebbles we needed to get through, and just so happened to of had a bag of marshmallows hiding away in the back of one of my cabinets. So we knew we were making some cereal treats!
At first we were going to mold them into something to do with poo, but we had just put together a nice poo filled Kitty Litter Cake (see recipe) the week before. The brown color of the chocolate cereal reminded me of mice, and I realized how easily you could mold their shape. And so our Mice Krispy Treats were born!
We really enjoyed ourselves putting this one together! Adding all of the little features kind of gives each of them their own personality. These are a tasty addition to our recipe collection for sure! Check out the recipe below, and give it a try yourself!
Like this? Pin on Pinterest!Print
For Halloween, or anytime, these Mice Krispy Treats are a fun twist on the classic Rice Krispie Treats that everyone loves!
- 5 cups of Cocoa cereal
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- Bag of Tootsie Rolls
- Handful of mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate Icing
- Marshmallow Cream
- A handful of whole or pre-sliced almonds
- Pan spray
- Cake pan or container (9″X13″)
- Spray the bottom, and sides of your Pan – set aside
- Melt Butter in a deep Pot
- Add in Marshmallows and stir around until they have melted completely
- Add in Cocoa Cereal, and mix until it is completely coated
- Quickly dump your Cereal mix into your pan, and spread out evenly
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes then cut into squares about the size of how big you want your mice to be
- Spray hands lightly with cooking spray
- Remove a square, and roughly mold into the shape of a mouse using your hands
- When finished place on a tray, and repeat with the rest of the treat squares
- Remove Tootsie Rolls from wrapper, and roll in hands to make mice tails, and short whiskers
- Lift up the treats, and place the tails by pressing the candy into the treat
- Use small dollops of Marshmallow Cream for eyes, and add a mini chocolate chip to each
- Add a small amount of chocolate icing to the nose area, place on your whiskers, and add more icing on top to finish the nose.
- Slice your almonds, and stick just above the eyes to make the ears
- Place your mice on a decorative tray, and adjust the tail away from the mouse body for a nice effect
- Place in the refrigerator until serving
Idea: Instead of using tootsie rolls for the whiskers, cut black licorice whips – much easier!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 5