Whether you need a midnight snack or a Super Bowl appetizer, this Beer Cheese Queso Dip with Sausage will hit the spot like no other! It’s easy and tasty, and you’ll love it!
- 1 (12 oz) bottle or can of beer or ale (see suggestions)
- 1.5 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons white flour
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa of choice (e.g. Pace)
- 1 package smoked sausage
- In saucepan, heat beer to simmering.
- In a separate bowl, mix cheese and flour.
- Add cheddar cheese mixture and cream cheese to pan, stir.
- When cheese is completely melted, remove from heat.
- Stir in salsa, and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with smoked sausage or over tortilla chips.
- Optionally, add pepper sauce (e.g. Tobasco) to spice it up!
For a lighter taste, look for Lager beer. Or, for a more robust tasting queso cheese dip, use an Ale beer.
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American