Easy and fast, can be baked or made as a one-skillet meal! This tasty meal uses as few as 3 ingredients.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef hamburger
- 1/2 cup onion (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 1 can green beans (optional)
- 1 can condensed tomato soup – undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- Prepared Instant potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded American or Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Brown meat in skillet, add salt and pepper. Add onions (if desired) and saute. Drain off grease.
- Add condensed soup, water and green beans (if desired, or serve on the side) and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Prepare 4-6 servings of instant potatoes, as directed. Or peel & quarter 5 medium potatoes, boil in water for 20 minutes or until fork tender, remove and mash with 2 cups milk and 3 T butter.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of potatoes.
- For quick skillet meal: spoon mashed potatoes on top of meat mixture and cook for 5 minutes
- For oven baked meal: pour meat mixture into casserole dish, spoon mashed potatoes as top layer, leaving a crater (hole) in center for faster baking time. Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350 F for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are golden.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American