St. Patrick’s Day – Little Green Men Easy Kids Crafts
When it comes to crafting with younger children, I will make up just about anything to make them smile and get them involved! While out and about this weekend, I decided to pick up some St. Patrick’s Day goodies for my kids to celebrate. My favorite store to get lost in, The Dollar Tree! Of course we went there to look around and I found a package of mini pom poms as well as a package of various sizes of googly eyes. I figured I could find something crafty to do with the kids using these items!
We decided to make cute little green men for St. Patrick’s Day! The idea popped into my head after sitting there in front of the crafts wondering what I was going to create with these items. This was a VERY easy project to do, the younger kids had a fun time helping, the only thing they couldn’t help with was the hot glue gun and cutting with the sharp scissors of course.
To start this craft, first you’ll need to gather up your materials.
- Mini Pom Poms (or any size you prefer if you want your little guys a larger size!)
- Googly eyes
- Foam material for the feet
- A pair of scissors
- A hot glue gun
- Heat up your glue gun. Make sure you keep this away from children, they get very hot!
- Start with the feet, I used a foam material and cut out two little oval pieces for the feet. Take the hot glue gun and place a drop of glue onto the oval pieces and then quickly press those onto one of the mini pom poms. We chose green pom poms and green foam for St. Patrick’s Day!
- Next you will want to grab your googly eyes. Place a small drop of hot glue on each eye and press those next to each other on the pom pom.
- Wait for the glue to dry and cool, and you’ve got yourself cute little fuzz balls!
I was thinking about even finding some type of item to glue on for antennas and making them little love bugs 🙂 This is a craft you can take any different direction and change up as well! There are many types of pom pom colors, sparkly pom poms, large, small. My kids LOVED this craft, they thought these were just the cutest little things! It’s very simple as well and very quick to make!