Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream Pudding ~ Only 3 Ingredients!
I love homemade ice cream, but I hate how much work it is to make it!! I can honestly say this is the easiest ice cream ever. If you want vanilla, it’s just two ingredients! Chocolate adds one more. Quick, easy, and sooooo yummy!
The idea struck me to use dry instant pudding mix when ransacking my cupboard and not finding anything else that looked good. We had chocolate ice cream in the freezer, but that’s no fun. I wanted to make dessert with my little girl. Editor’s note: even though it literally took two minutes to mix up a batch, she still bailed on me. Ha, joke’s on her! I didn’t share. 😛
I used my KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment because I have one, and I love it. No rock salt or anything needed with it. It’s pretty easy to use. I also like to do things with reckless abandon, so I didn’t look up how to actually use it. I did read the manual the first time, but that was at least a year ago and I can’t remember what I did this morning. So, yeah, you should check your own ice cream maker’s manual for best results.
As for the value, the pudding package has a tag on it that says 49¢ and the sweetened condensed milk was 69¢ (off brand, probably from a “crash and dent” grocery store). If you add in the milk, I still spent well under $1.50 for the whole pint of ice cream. This stuff is better than Talenti which costs about $6 per pint!Print
Homemade ice cream is a favorite at my house! Whether you want the full ice-cream maker experience or you just want a quick treat (or don’t have a machine), you can score with this sweet treat your whole family will love.
- 1 – 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream (1 pint)
- 1 package chocolate pudding
- Pre-freeze your ice cream maker’s bowl (overnight, or 24 hours if you have time). Check your’s instructions for best results. Assemble your ice cream maker.
- Add ingredients to a bowl and mix well, or if possible mix in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into the ice-cream maker’s frozen bowl and turn it on. Follow directions for your machine for how long to churn.
- I recommend serving immediately for the best soft-serve consistency. But, you can also freeze in a freezer-safe container for a few hours. Then, let it thaw a few minutes before scooping it out to serve.
No Churn Method:
- Follow steps above, but instead of churning in an ice cream machine, put in a freezer-safe container instead. Freeze for 5+ hours. Remove from freezer and allow to stand for 2-3 minutes. Then, scoop up and serve.