Yummy! Combine Pumpkin Spice and Caramel in this delicious bread featuring Werther’s!
- 25 pieces (5.5 oz.) Werther’s Original Chewy Caramels, unwrapped
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour — divided use
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine – softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9“ x 5“ inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- Cut caramels into four pieces using a kitchen scissors.
- Toss with 2 T. of the flour in a small bowl to prevent them from sticking together. Set aside.
- Snip the apple slices in the pie filling into thirds.
- Using an electric mixer beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- In another bowl, stir together the remaining flour and spices.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and blend well.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the apples and caramel pieces. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and then remove from pan.
- Yield: 1 (9“ x 5“) Loaf
- Cook Time: 90 mins
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: American